Thursday, December 26, 2013

Wake Me When It's All Over

So let the Drug Roulette begin!

I'm started my Diamox  thas been added to my Topamax, which are both diuretics (which is meant to lower the pressure in my head), and while not normally taken together (the Pharmacist was like "are you really sure you're doctor said to take both?  Really really sure?), it seems to be helping a little bit.  Still have my daily headaches but they range more in the 3/4 on the non work days, 5/6 on work days.  So that's progress.

I'm pretty sure if I keep this up, I'm going to have to come up with some sort of catchy tune to remember all the medications I'm on.

Side effects are always a pain.  Per usual, dry mouth (why is it always dry mouth?), exhaustion, and more than any other side effect, an increase in feelings of depression.  I think more so than any other medication I've been on.  Loss of motivation, withdrawing from friends/family, loss of appetite.  I really wanted to just crawl into a hole and hide.  Luckily I've been able to recognize that it's a side effect, so while its not changing how I'm feeling, it is changing how I'm thinking about it so I'm not blaming myself which is a huge difference.

Maybe the 18 months of therapy is finally paying off.

In the meantime I wait to meet my NO.  We're playing phone tag to set up an appointment, hopefully early in the New Year.  Hopefully the NO has a solution for the light sensitivity at work and the pressure on my eyes.  Perhaps if we can get that under control then the headaches will become manageable.

And isn't that the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment