Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Disa - what?!?!

"I DON'T HAVE A DISABILITY!!!!!"

That's what I wanted to yell at the HR guy on the phone today when  I was talking to him because I was wearing sunglasses and a visor at work.  It just freaking headaches that if you would put in some environmental friendly lights in you'd have a lot less people with headaches working for you.

I work in an environment where I have a clear understanding of the ADA and advocate for those to seek out it's benefits.  Use it, I say.  Talk to a representative, you never know what help it can provide and even a little help is good.  However when I need the help, the last thing I wanted to do was get HR involved but I'm pretty sure my supervisor was like about to get in trouble for letting me get away with stuff.

Why is that?  Why are we willing to say get go help but never seek it out ourselves?

Gosh, I fuckin' have a disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment