Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

Well 2013 sure ended on a, well, it ended.  I don't even know how to describe it.  

And it certainly seems 2014 will be bringing me something new.  

However, if the last few days of 2013 taught me anything it's that I have been amazing lucky on my journey so far.  Just know that the people that are brought into your life, or to whose life you are brought into, it's done for a reason.  That reason may not be known right away - it could take years before that person who is now a friend becomes someone to turn to.  Or you may be the link between a two mutual friends who share a common bond that can connect over a tough situation.  So don't ask why.  Just be glad that the people who are in your life are in your life.  Even if they are horrible annoying younger brothers.

The last day of 2013 also taught me that sometimes going back before moving forward is needed as a jump start to face the New Year unafraid.  It's the people in the past who remember who you were at your best, the younger, stronger version of you and they can remind you of the person you want to be again, just older and wiser.

So c'mon 2014.  I'm ready for you.


1 comment: