Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's A Whole New World

"Hi Sweetie!  I was talking to one of the Doctors here in the practice and he told me that with the thing you have you should avoid foods with Vitamin A in it.  For example, if you like carrots, you really shouldn't eat them now because they can give you headaches.  Call me back.  Love ya"

That is a voicemail I received from one of my best friends.  Seriously I have the most amazing friends in the world.  But it's stuff like that that makes fake tumors so crazy!  Why Vitamin A? You'd think since Vitamin A is good for the eyesight you'd want those with IIH consuming carrot juice and having spinach salad every meal as the worst thing that will happen to me is that I could go blind!!!!

Everyday it's like I'm learning a new thing about PseudoTumors or a new thing about my body and how it works now.  I kind of feel like I'm going through puberty a second time but this time I know I won't get awesome set of breast once all is said and done (the one good thing my mother passed down was a good rack!).

So aside from learning that the Cobb Salad from TGI Fridays on Christmas Day was the last salad I am probably going to have for awhile (at least it was pretty good), I've learned
  • that I'm going to have a minimum of three experiences a day where I have these insane, borderline painful, tingling feelings in my fingertips and sometimes in my feet.  They will absolutely happen when I come inside from the cold and then will randomly happen during the day once or twice.  I hate this because I can't really use my hands until the feeling subsides which can take a few minutes but I always try to anyways and I end up just making things more difficult.
  • SQUIRREL
  • Pop tastes flat to me. I will still drink some but honestly, I just stick to water now or hot tea.
  • it is entirely possible I may be leaking spinal fluid out of my nose.  This is called Rhinorrhea.  There is surprising very little information on this symptom.  I'm going to do more research but the flow seems to have slowed down recently.  
  • that there are an insane amount of different type of headaches one can have and they can mean different things.  
  • SQUIRREL
  • that either A) the drugs alone, B) the drugs and visit from every girls favorite Aunt, or C) PTC in general has absolutely killed any energy I have and there are not enough hours in a day for me to sleep.  I am hoping it is answer B so I know to plan ahead monthly.
  • OMG LIGHT! I pretty much hate all light now that isn't soft lighting or natural.  My monitors on all electrics are about as dim as you can get them.  Embrace the dark!   
  • In case you hadn't picked up on it, I'm easily distracted.  And I'm not talking my normal "oh look Penn State just scored a touchdown YAY let me continue our conversation" distracted.  I'm talking "oh there is a dust mite, pause, oh yeah I was talking to you, wait what we were we talking about, pause, oh yeah I remember now let's continue the conversation" kind of way.  This is not always fun.
This is only the beginning of what I am learning.  Who knows what I'll learn when I meet the neuro-ophthalmologist in February.  

No comments:

Post a Comment